June 4, 2013

Just to be Clear

I didn't realize this would be necessary, but my naivete caught up with me fairly recently.

This is a disclaimer for this blog.

This blog is meant to be a space where I share my experiences over the last few years (and into the future) navigating through my adulthood and my professional career. As a business major working in tech, I've learned a lot about the disconnect between my education and my practical experience, and I want to share that with others, especially new graduates and young women as they enter the workforce.

However, this also means that I'm drawing from my experiences, which include the work I've done at my former employers. It was recently brought to my attention that sharing certain things could constitute breach of my employment contract(s) with these organizations. As such, I need to leave a disclaimer.

The opinions expressed in this blog are my own and do not reflect my employers' beliefs (past, present, or future) in any way. This blog is not intended to be critical or derogatory in any way to any of my employers, past or present or future.

I'm going to do my best to keep the focus on what I've learned, and less on the situations that led to that learning. I will describe situations in vague and/or general terms. I will also do my best to anonymize anecdotes I share, or at least make clear why the anecdote connects to my larger point. Or if it does at all; sometimes I just want to share an amusing story about working with amazing people. Many anecdotes will be gathered from speaking with friends and connections who are located all over the country.

Some posts will address issues specific to women in the workplace. These are generalized observations not intended to reflect on my employers (past, present or future) in any way. This advice will be based on my observations and anecdotal evidence from friends in various industries.

Posts that are identified as problematic will be removed upon notice and re-posted with edits, if possible. To reach me directly, please @-reply me on Twitter or leave comments on the entry.

I reserve the right to update and/or change this disclaimer in any way and at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment